People not the technology.

My brother tweeted
"What makes a successful 2.0 Community? Its not Technology, its people. Eg: Google Wave, Less ppl u cant Play around the pool happily now"
How true it is.Its not the technology but the people who make this web 2.0 more interesting.Think of twitter when there is no followers or when no body reads your tweet.Think of Facebook when you have no friends.Think of a blog which no body reads.It becomes personal ,when its personal its limited.It has a defined boundries.Technology always has limitations but the exploration of technology doesnt have.Thats why these tools have become so successful.
For example my friends doesnt have Google wave invite and they dont use it .Its as simple.Many arent aware of it also.But I log in to Wave and end up doing almost nothing because there is no people (My contact list people) .Because these are beta stages for Wave ,I find very difficult to spend time with out people.There are many times I have really felt irritated of not knowing how to do even.Let me wait for some people who can play with me.That will make this technology work.
Check out the Google labs application which have resulted due to exploration of users of Google.GMAIIL actually provides these application to be added in your Inbox/Compose screen as an option.You can explore and suggest changes to it also.
Thanks Siva for the tweet ,Its the people who make the happy Technology not the technology itself.

0 comments: